A holistic approach to 'living your best life', is living well. With intention, purpose and full of meaningful connection.

Tuesday, 26 July 2016

So I got my new passport and booked a holiday the next day! 




Me and my friend Zainab went on a very last minute short trip to Copenhagen, Denmark. You probably thinking, Denmark? Why Denmark of all places! I absolutely adore the country and the people! It is such a beautiful place to be with the most tourist friendly residents trust me, you wouldn't want to leave!



Flights and Hotel

I got a random email one morning from Ryanair (bare in mind I'm not an experienced flyer so I had no clue how budget the flight was going to be) saying " flights from £7.99!" I went on and saw so many cheap flights! I called my friend immediately then 20 minutes and £40 later we booked flights to and from Denmark for two people! The Ryanair website was more than easy to use and it took minutes to book and confirm the flights at such a great price. When it was time to fly I was super nervous and then I saw the aeroplane... It was like an old blue and yellow bus LOL! It was so tiny, im not too sure what i was expecting for ten pounds but still God is in control and we got there quickly and safely! Thank the lord! It took about 1 hour and a half and we had perfect window seats too! Zainab was crying like a baby, so funny! The flights back... I got the times wrong and ended up almost missing our flights, we ran through the airport like crazies the entire flight to London was waiting for us!


We started looking for hotels and knew we wanted to be near the city centre and close enough to the air port, not long after we found '' The Tivoli Gardens Hotel and Resort'' They have a beautiful spa, perfect location, affordable rooms, free breakfast and great staff! It was like paradise, we spent hours in the spa and I learn how to swim! The rooms were a great size and had a beautiful big bathroom to go with it. The rooms also had a view of the canal and a little bit of the centre so it was lovely to wake up and see clear skies and the gorgeous canal. The beds were amazingly comfortable and honestly, we both slept like babies! The hotels restaurant was A M A Z I N G! We had the biggest burgers you will ever find! It was like the size of our heads for around £10! The breakfast as good as if not better, we had a full ( when I Say full I Mean anything you could want) breakfast buffet, fresh bread, hot food, cold meat and fish (salmon etc), dry fruits, cereal everything! The staff were exceptional, very friendly and helpful, they made us feel right at home.  I would give the hotel a solid 8.5/10

Attractions 




We had planned two full days of activities but it was pouring with ran as soon as we landed so we stayed in our hotel the first night. I had an assignment due so I was busy typing away trying to meet my deadline while Zainab was trying to rest from her traumatic flight. The next day we walked down to the shopping centre Copenhagen Mall and done some shopping. Everything was so cheap! The centre was pretty huge too, they had all the shops we have in England but just better. We done some damage there then got a cab to Strøgetthere it was. The Pandora Flagship store!! I am growing a new love with jewellery and had been eyeing a new bracelet so where better to go then the Flagship store 1000 miles away from home! The Pandora flagship store and staff were both exceptional! I bought a new bracelet and charm to go with it. We wondered through the high street and saw a load of designer store and outlets along with 10 different H&M stores. The weather stopped us but we wanted to visit the Tivoli Amusement Park and the Copenhagen Zoo as well as a boat ride on the canal but next time! hopefully we get a chance to do everything we couldn't! We did get a chance to see some really beautiful gardens, buildings, churches, view so much to see! oo yeah.. they have Sephora.


Transport





Thank Jesus, there is uber is Denmark! We didn't actually use any public transport but we saw loads of buses and trams in the city centre. The vast majority of people were getting around on bicycles which seemed really cool. Almost every road had a designated cycle lane and ample bike parking space. We mainly used cabs while we stayed and they were very affordable.


Overall 





I want to move to Denmark at some point of my life. I really did enjoy my stay and it seems to be such a lovely happy environment! Everybody was super friendly and all spoke English, its easy to get around, the area is clean and well policed. It was just beautiful! I would love next time I visit to stay in an apartment complex near the canal. Our flights were extremely smooth and quick and best of all it was cheap! I would recommend a weekend away in Copenhagen to everybody!




 ShopSinmisBeautique!


Thank You for reading! 
Any questions feel free to contact me!

Twitter Email


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Pages

About Me

test

Welcome to the SHE BOSS DIARIES. Learn how to be a boss in life & business! #sheboss Is a movement created by Sinmi Adekola, owner of SinmisBeautique. So join our community of she bosses!

Latest Tweets

Follow @SinmiAdekola

Dealing with Anxiety

This is a topic that I've wanted to discuss for so long. Anxiety is something that many of us women deal with but I'll let you ...

Followers