A holistic approach to 'living your best life', is living well. With intention, purpose and full of meaningful connection.

Friday, 2 March 2018

Hello She Bosses!

Networking is a word I use with caution. You don't want to network & not connect. You want to meet people, connect and stay in contact! It's an essential part of any business or career, you know what they say. Your NETWORK is your NET-WORTH! So I've put together some easy to follow tips on how to network and build long-lasting connections! (P.S I have a video on this topic too if you don't like reading)


It's so important that you push yourself and make yourself unconfrtable! Be brave and set that message to the person you have been waiting to meet. Go introduce yourself to the person you look up to, be bold! I totally understnad that this is easier said than done but you need to make that conscious decision to do it.

When you are trying to meet new people, it's easy to hide behind your friends as a pose to putting yourself out there. I 100% recommend attending events alone that way you are almost 'forced' to meet new people.

Don't just go to an event that promises 'networking', go to events within your industry that way you will easily have something in common with the attendees. As I am in the Beauty industry, I always try to make a point to attend beauty events. I love being in a room full of women who love beauty! They are potentailly become clients or valueable connections for me. 

Dress for the job you want, not the job you have. I worked as a Hostess in a resturant for the best part of 2017. But if you met me at an event you would think I'm a full-time business owner and working MUA, because I dressed like it!

You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you can listen TWICE as much as you can speak. Be curious and ask questions. Find out the whys, the whos, the whats. Make it a point to really get curious, you want to learn how you can help others and how you can add on to their life and businesses. 

Don't just meet and disappear. I make sure to follow from my SinmisBeautique accounts, this is so they can regularly be reminded of who I am and my brand. Get an email or mobile number. 9/10 I will send a quick message to say
" Hey NAME, 
It was great to meet you at X event! 
It would be great to catch up and maybe do coffee sometime,
please let me know when works best for you
Have a lovely day 
YOUR NAME"
It is that simple, when you take a few minutes to send that quick email, you could open so many doors.
Stay connected with the people you meet. You do not wanna let these people slip through your fingers.

 You will never, ever grow with a closed mind. You need to be open-minded and shamless in order to make connections and build relationships. For example, have you ever been approached by a guy? (some) Men have that shameless attitude and are bold enough to approach an absolute stranger on the street and spark conversation. We need to emulate this confidence and use it when trying to network! 

You will be a SHAMELESS SHE BOSS!

love, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Pages

About Me

test

Welcome to the SHE BOSS DIARIES. Learn how to be a boss in life & business! #sheboss Is a movement created by Sinmi Adekola, owner of SinmisBeautique. So join our community of she bosses!

Latest Tweets

Follow @SinmiAdekola

Dealing with Anxiety

This is a topic that I've wanted to discuss for so long. Anxiety is something that many of us women deal with but I'll let you ...

Followers