A holistic approach to 'living your best life', is living well. With intention, purpose and full of meaningful connection.

Saturday, 14 October 2017

Hi Guys! Well I'm glad you are here! 




If you have already watched the video, you already have a full idea of this blog post. If not, here is the full story of why I dropped out of uni. I am in no way trying to encourage others to drop out, I only ask that you read my story and take what you want from it. I'm still young, still learning and growing as a person. 






Firstly, here's a pic of me smiling because life after uni isn't that shit! 


I had been considering leaving university from about my third month into the course. I hated it, i hatedbeing there, I hated feeling like I was wasting time being there. For me the worst part of the course had to be placements. On my first ever placement I was so stressed out it made me physically sick. I was at odds with myself physically and mental and I was losing. My anxiety and depression had sky rocketed and I was struggling every single day. It was hard. I honestly just felt so increasingly overwhelmed and under extreme pressure from every aspect. 

I was juggling so many things and I felt as if I was alone. I was in London, with no friends really around me. and yes, i met some friends in uni but I'm talking about the friends I had known for years. Everyone had gone to unis outside of London and to be honest I felt jealous. Staying in London was the best option for me financially and practically but socially it was shit. I didn't have a freshers, no moving in, no room mates etc. 

My long time readers would know that I was studying Child Nursing in a London University. It  only took me about 30 minutes to get to uni yet my attendance was absolutely pants because I just couldn't be bothered to go. A part of me now recognising why I didn't enjoy my time there. Its because I couldn't be myself. I am a very expressive, bubbly person. I love being myself and doing the things I love, dressing how I feel comfortable and have some degree of control over how my time is spent. I never had that at uni, they told us what to wear, how to speak,when to sleep, how to act, everything. Down to the length of your nails and the colour of your socks. 

Finally, In July of this year, I woke up one day and deciced that I need to start workiong towards my dreams. and my dream wasnt nursing. I love nurses and i respect them wholeheartedly. I just know that my passions lie elsewhere. I LOVE Makeup, its something I have been passionate about since I can remember. The entire time I was at university I never had the chance to contiute doing what I really loved. I Launched my business a month after starting uni and doing both was difficult.

I did have some really fun and memorable moments with my class mates at uni. I miss them loads and I wish each and everyone of them the very best. I just feel like I have work to do on myself. I need to start working towards to the life that I want and I life I will enjoy. I'm not saying that I will never go back to university, I most probably will. I hope to go and study a more creative subject. 

My advice to everyone is to go with your gut. Simple as, once you have that inner knowing that your destined to do more don't ignore it.







Thanks for reading!
#SinmisBeautique 
shopsinmisbeautique.com 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Pages

About Me

test

Welcome to the SHE BOSS DIARIES. Learn how to be a boss in life & business! #sheboss Is a movement created by Sinmi Adekola, owner of SinmisBeautique. So join our community of she bosses!

Latest Tweets

Follow @SinmiAdekola

Dealing with Anxiety

This is a topic that I've wanted to discuss for so long. Anxiety is something that many of us women deal with but I'll let you ...

Followers